Contemporary Dance Classes
Contemporary and Jazz Dance forms are artistic dance forms that are hugely popular with today’s youth. Simply put, they are a mixture of modern dance forms with Ballet. They are characterized by moves that involve bent knees, full body swinging actions and a lot of sideways jumps and hops, although they can have varying definitions depending on the dance institute and dance teacher. We at Delhi Dance Academy follow the techniques taught in US dance institutes and our course curriculum is inspired by various international dance schools. From building a dancers body to steps, routines and chances to perform, we endeavor to provide it all. The contemporary dance teachers are among the best in the country.
Our Contemporary Dance Classes in the Press
Teachers Prashant Bhat (Best dancer 2012 – Danceworx) and Meraz Alam (Ex-company member Danceworx) lead the Contemporary division at Delhi Dance Academy. They’re also known for their choreography @ The Rhythm of Love – A crowd-funded Broadway style musical. Their classes have been featured by the Hindustan Times as the top place to learn funk jazz in Delhi.
Tuesday and Thursday- 6pm to 7pm. ENROLLING (Intermediate) – Rs 1500 per month (2 hours per week)
Tuesday and Thursday- 7pm to 8pm. ENROLLING (Beginners) – Rs 1500 per month (2 hours per week)
Saturday & Sunday- 2pm to 3:30pm. ENROLLING (Beginners) – Rs 2000 per month (3 hours per week)
Location: E 238, Amar Colony, Lajpat Nagar Studio. Get a 10% discount if paying for 3 months together and 20% off for 6 months together..
Jazz and Contemporary Certificate Courses:
1. Level A Basic Certificate Course by Delhi Dance Academy – This is a 3 month duration course covering a total of 36 hours (12 hours per month, 3 hours per week) with weekday and weekend options available. On week days, you will get three classes of 1 hour duration each and on the weekends (Sat and Sun) you will get two classes of 1.5 hours duration each. In case of short attendance, paid extra classes need to be taken to complete the course. On completion, a Level A Contemporary Jazz certificate will be awarded by Delhi Dance Academy along with a PDF copy. 2. Level B Intermediate Certificate Course by Delhi Dance Academy – This course can be started either on completion of the Basic Level A course or on passing an audition test taken by DDA to ensure you are ready for the Intermediate Contemporary and Jazz Dance Training. Please contact us for details, timings and fees.
151 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Google Plus - Gurgaon Branch
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Marriage, Sangeet & Reception Dance Choreography in Delhi
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Salsa Dance Classes at Delhi Dance Academy
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Bollywood Dance Classes in Delhi
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Hip Hop Dance Classes
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Jazz Dance Classes – Street, Funk, Lyrical and Modern Jazz
Dance Away that Flab
Aerobics: 500-800 Jazz Contemporary: 400-600
Belly dance: 250-450
These numbers vary with your body weight and the amount of effort you put in.
How can I lose weight?
You lose weight when you consume or burn more calories than you take. Burning 3500 calories means you lose 1 lbs or 450 grams (almost half a Kilo) of weight.
In other words, if you cut 500 calories from your diet each day or burn 500 calories working out or dancing, you would lose 0.45 kgs in a week. :)
At Delhi Dance Academy we can also talk to you about your daily diet and recommend changes to help you lose weight.
Delhi Dance Academy has been featured on 24 x 7 News Channel as one of Delhi's best dance institutes. We have made recent appearances on TV Channels like Aajtak, E TV, NHK World, MTv and NDTV Goodtimes. We are among the top 50 activities to do while in Delhi by TripAdvisor with excellent reviews.
DDA remains one of Delhi’s most sought after dance academies - The Hindu
Delhi's Top 5 Places to Learn Hip Hop, Popping and Locking - HT City, Hindustan Times
Belly Dancing Classes That'll Help You Ace The Art - HT City, Hindustan Times
Top 5 Places to Learn Bollywood Dance in Delhi - HT City, Hindustan Times
Delhi's Best Places to Learn Dance - Delhi Times, Times of India
Zumba at Delhi Dance Academy, I must confess, leaves me panting and exhausted - Business Standard
Shaadi Poori Filmi Hai (Article on Wedding Choreography) - TFL Magazine
Namaste India Dance Workshops - Editor's Pick - Timeout Delhi Magazine
The Top Place for B Boying, Hip Hop, Funk Jazz and Zumba - Hindustan Times main newspaper
Gymnastics Classes by Arman Safa Khan - Timeout Delhi
Shall We Dance? Director Arjun Sandhu interviewed by HT Mint
Latest Schedule of all Batches in Delhi is available at: Latest Dance Classes Schedule Delhi
Latest Schedule of all Batches in Gurgaon is available at: Latest Dance Classes Schedule Gurgaon