Bollywood Dance Classes in Delhi
Delhi Dance Academy conducts regular Bollywood Dance classes in Delhi and Gurgaon. Students can join the classes to learn Bollywood Dance as a popular dance form, to be able to perform on different Bollywood songs or just as a general fitness routine in it’s fitness version that we call BollySweat. Bollywood at DDA is taught in the following formats: Bollywood freestyle, Bollywood + Hip Hop and Bollywood + Classical. Bollywood continues to be our best-selling dance class format where guys and girls learn choreography from some of Delhi’s top choreographers on latest Bollywood blockbuster songs. All students then get a chance to perform at various events and our yearly show called AVAJARRED (click for schedule) and become confident dancers. Bollywood dance classes at Delhi Dance Academy include Bhangra and a little bit of folk and sometimes also a little bit of hip hop as that is what Bollywood dance is – a mix of various Indian and western dance forms!
Class Times and Centres:
DDA’s Bollywood classes are held at E1 & E238, Amar Colony, Lajpat Nagar 4, New Delhi.
- 12pm-1pm (Monday to Friday) – Ladies Only – Anish (E238 Amar Colony)
- 1pm-2pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) – Gents only – Anish (E238 Amar Colony)
- 4pm-5pm (Mon, Wed and Fri) – Bollywood Classical by Aditi (E1 Amar Colony)
- 6pm-7pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) – Bollywood Freestyle by Manish (E1 Amar Colony)
- 6pm-7pm (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) – Bollywood Hip Hop by Anish (E238 Amar Colony)
- 7pm-8pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) – Bollywood Freestyle by Manish (advanced) (E1 Amar Colony)
- 8pm-9pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) – Bollywood Freestyle by Manish (E1 Amar Colony)
- 5pm to 6:30pm (Saturday and Sunday) – Bollywood Freestyle by Manish (E1 Amar Colony)
- 6:30pm to 8pm (Saturday and Sunday) – Bollywood Classical by Aditi (E1 Amar Colony)
Kids (Children between 4 years to 12 years of age). Please visit our Kids dance classes page for more details.
- 4pm to 5pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) Ages 4 to 7 – Rs 1200 per month
- 5pm to 6pm (Monday to Friday – 5 days a week) Ages 8-12 – Rs 1800 per month
- 11:00am to 12:30pm (Saturday & Sunday) Ages 4 to 12 – Rs 1200 per month
What is Bollywood dance?
Bollywood dance doesn’t have a proper definition. It can be best described as a fusion of various Indian dance forms with western styles usually performed to lyrics – what you typically see Shah Rukh Khan, Hritik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor or Kareena Kapoor doing in movies these days. Recently there have been divisions within Bollywood dance where you have item song dance, which has a faster pace, and usually more traditional moves on a fast western beat. In Delhi, there are various institutes that teach Bollywood dance. At Delhi Dance Academy, we don’t have courses on Bollywood dance, instead it’s like an enjoyable and fun exercise where our highly talented choreographers teach you steps on different songs and when you learn them and do them as a group, you enjoy it.
If you’re not confident about dancing in public, say in weddings or in night clubs or if you run out of moves, then three months of Bollywood dance training at DDA will do you good. Bollywood is quite a fast paced dance form, which means you stay fit and your body becomes flexibile. It’s not as good as Zumba or Aerobics for losing weight, but regular Bollywood dance will definitely help you remain fit. More importantly this form of dance gives you that real inner happiness that comes from dancing on your favourite Hindi songs. You’re welcome to visit our studios, take a trial class for Rs 300 and then decide if you want to join. If you join, then the trial fee of Rs 300 will be adjusted with your monthly fee of Rs 2000, so you’ll pay Rs 1700 more.
183 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Google Plus - Gurgaon Branch
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Marriage, Sangeet & Reception Dance Choreography in Delhi
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Salsa Dance Classes at Delhi Dance Academy
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Bollywood Dance Classes in Delhi
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Hip Hop Dance Classes
- DelhiDanceAcademy on Jazz Dance Classes – Street, Funk, Lyrical and Modern Jazz
Dance Away that Flab
Aerobics: 500-800 Jazz Contemporary: 400-600
Belly dance: 250-450
These numbers vary with your body weight and the amount of effort you put in.
How can I lose weight?
You lose weight when you consume or burn more calories than you take. Burning 3500 calories means you lose 1 lbs or 450 grams (almost half a Kilo) of weight.
In other words, if you cut 500 calories from your diet each day or burn 500 calories working out or dancing, you would lose 0.45 kgs in a week. :)
At Delhi Dance Academy we can also talk to you about your daily diet and recommend changes to help you lose weight.
Delhi Dance Academy has been featured on 24 x 7 News Channel as one of Delhi's best dance institutes. We have made recent appearances on TV Channels like Aajtak, E TV, NHK World, MTv and NDTV Goodtimes. We are among the top 50 activities to do while in Delhi by TripAdvisor with excellent reviews.
DDA remains one of Delhi’s most sought after dance academies - The Hindu
Delhi's Top 5 Places to Learn Hip Hop, Popping and Locking - HT City, Hindustan Times
Belly Dancing Classes That'll Help You Ace The Art - HT City, Hindustan Times
Top 5 Places to Learn Bollywood Dance in Delhi - HT City, Hindustan Times
Delhi's Best Places to Learn Dance - Delhi Times, Times of India
Zumba at Delhi Dance Academy, I must confess, leaves me panting and exhausted - Business Standard
Shaadi Poori Filmi Hai (Article on Wedding Choreography) - TFL Magazine
Namaste India Dance Workshops - Editor's Pick - Timeout Delhi Magazine
The Top Place for B Boying, Hip Hop, Funk Jazz and Zumba - Hindustan Times main newspaper
Gymnastics Classes by Arman Safa Khan - Timeout Delhi
Shall We Dance? Director Arjun Sandhu interviewed by HT Mint
Latest Schedule of all Batches in Delhi is available at: Latest Dance Classes Schedule Delhi
Latest Schedule of all Batches in Gurgaon is available at: Latest Dance Classes Schedule Gurgaon